1. Appliances are constructed to the specification prescribed on the laboratory work ticket. Ortho Tech is not responsible for the suitability of that specification.
2. Ortho Tech will not compensate, any individual patient, in the event a product fails to meet the required prescription. The prescribing client will be expected to meet these costs.
3. Ortho Tech will not enter any kind of dialogue with our client's patients except in the event that a case may require such action.
4. A surcharge of RM 50 per unit is levied for urgent service/delivery.
5. Ortho Tech endeavours to deliver work on or before the delivery date specified by the client. If for any reason this has not been fulfilled, Ortho Tech reserves the right not to compensate the dentist’s fees, consequential losses or expenses or any kind.
6. A loss and handling charge is added to the weight of precious and semi-precious alloys used.
7. Terminated cases, for any reason, will not be refunded and must be paid for, unless terminated before the start of manufacture.
8. All cases are guaranteed to fit the model based on the impression provided.
9. Restorations returned by Ortho Tech are NOT sterile.
10. Please note that with our latest pricing, we are no longer offering reimbursement for courier services and warranties for any zirconia restoration.
11. Ortho Tech reserves the right to make amendments at our discretion.
1. All items supplied remain the property of Ortho Tech until payment is received.
2. Ortho Tech reserves the right to check the credit rating of any client.
3. All payments must be made within 30 days of the invoice date unless stated otherwise.
4. Special rebate for timely payment. (Private practice with credit terms only)
Sending Cases & Impression Requirements
1. Preferred impression techniques are full arch impressions in either Silicon or Impregum.
2. As per KKM (Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia) good practice guidelines, all impressions must be free from blood, disinfected and all cotton pad removed before sending.
3. We will request a new impression in cases where the original impression contains false and/or inaccurate information. If the prescribing dentist requests to continue with the original impression, any subsequent remakes will be charged for.
4. Ortho Tech's acceptance of an Impression or other clinical record, without challenge, normally implies that it is fit for purpose.
5. Ortho Tech endeavours to interpret and follow the client’s instructions correctly. If however a mistake is made on Ortho Tech's part, we will rectify the situation free of charge. Ortho Tech will not compensate the dentist’s fees consequential losses or expenses of any kind.
6. Ortho Tech accepts digital scans as we are a 3Shape Ready Lab. We accept scans from all 3Shape users as well as any digital clinician that is able to provide STL files to fabricate desired restorations.
7. If you are a 3Shape TRIOS user, you may send us your cases on 3Shape Communicate (3SCom)by adding us to your list of connections via email@example.com
8. If you are sending Ortho Tech digital cases to fabricate NON-PRECIOUS/PRECIOUS restorations, it is necessary to print out 3D working models because these restorations involve manual labour. The cost of resin for producing 3D-printed models will be charged at RM3.50/ml which is further subjected to a RM 50 post-processing fee.
Remake and Warranty Policy
At Ortho Tech our goal is to meet both our own exceptional quality and aesthetic standards, as well as customer satisfaction. We are proud to stand behind our work and the products we provide to our doctors. We pride ourselves on doing the job right the first time. Our commitment to quality begins when we accept a case. However, like all areas of life, things don’t always turn out as planned. When that happens, we are here to make it right.
The cost of fabricating custom-made dental appliances and/or restorations cannot be refunded. (Rush Services Fees are also not refundable) A credit may be issued by Ortho Tech directly to a customer’s account if cases do not meet Ortho Tech’s standards for quality, function and aesthetics. Eligible remakes will be done at no charge if received within 30 days of the delivery date. All original case materials including models, impressions, bites, and more importantly, the original restoration itself, MUST BE RETURNED for credit consideration. Failure to do so will result in a full charge for the remake. The Remake Policy is valid only if a continual business relationship is present with Ortho Tech.
Situations where Ortho Tech will not be issuing any credit to the dental practice’s account are:
Ortho Tech inquired about concerns over the die, margin, impression, accuracy of the model or bite registration and requested a new one but was instructed to proceed with the provided materials. In such instances, Ortho Tech can only guarantee our restoration to fit what we are provided with, and not necessarily in the patient’s mouth. Similarly, if the margin is trimmed by the doctor, we can only guarantee our restoration to fit that die.
Ortho Tech requested a try-in, but the doctor declined and asked to proceed
Framework or bisque-bake was tried-in, approved, and returned to Ortho Tech for completion, and the finished case comes back for remake due to fit issue.
The doctor re-prepped the teeth
A different shade, product or design instruction is given for a remake case. In which case, both original and remake cases will be charged.
If the restoration(s) fit the original model(s) and master die(s)
If it has been more than thirty (30) days from the delivery date
On CAD/CAM crowns and bridges, if Ortho Tech requested a new scan, but the doctor approved “as is” and requested completion for the case
Ortho Tech contacted the doctor to communicate that we do not recommend the requested material on the given case, and the doctor still requests to proceed.
Restoration fails due to accident, changes in tissue or bone structure, or additional tooth loss.
Ortho Tech warrants that all dental appliances and restorations are fabricated using appropriate materials and the best practices of any well-run laboratory, to the specifications set forth in a completed dental lab order form provided to us by a licensed dental professional. Furthermore, all products are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. This warranty is in lieu of and supersedes all other warranties, whether expressed or implied and may not be modified by any agent, employee or representative of Ortho Tech. Our warranty policy is intended to be as fair as possible for the dentist, the patient, and for us. Thus, our mission is to provide dentists with all levels of customer satisfaction, accuracy, availability, partnership, and advice. All warranty terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Ortho Tech is not responsible for additional costs or fees incurred for removal or insertion of dental restorations, including lost wages, chair time or pain and suffering. Replacement, adjustments or repair resulting from accident, neglect, abuse, failure of supportive tooth or tissue structure is not covered under the terms of this warranty.
Dental restorations must be seated by a licensed, practising dentist in a clinical setting. The patient must adhere to semi-annual dental cleaning and exam, in the office of a licensed and practising dentist.
As dental restorations are a custom product, no cash refunds will be allowed for returned dental restorations. A credit will be applied to the dental practice’s account and may be used on lab services only. In order to be eligible for a credit, Ortho Tech must be given the opportunity to fix or remake the original restoration.
All adjustments, repairs, and replacement of dental devices not made by Ortho Tech is not covered under any warranty.
Any dental restoration partially fabricated or completely fabricated by another lab other than Ortho Tech is not covered under warranty.
If a customer chooses to go forward with a treatment option that is not recommended by Ortho Tech this warranty becomes void.
Ortho Tech’s Remake Policy will not apply to any account that is past due. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse to accept any new cases or process any remake cases until the balance is paid in full and the account is current.
Ortho Tech can amend the Remake Policy at its sole discretion and without notification.