SomnoDent oral devices are clinically proven, safe, and FDA cleared for mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). As a mandibular advancement DEVICE (MAD), the SomnoDent oral devices function by comfortably positioning the patient’s mandibular forward, clearing the obstructed airway.
Open Airway Therapy
During normal sleep, the muscles that control the tongue and soft palate hold the airway open. Breathing is unobstructed which allows the air to flow from your nose, through your throat and into your lungs.
During sleep, gravity and muscle relaxation allows the tongue and surrounding soft tissue to fall back into the throat area, collapsing the airway and obstructing air flow.
Continuous Open Airway Therapy (COAT) is a category of products that treat patients seeking an easy, efficient solution for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Custom-fit by a dentist, SomnoDent oral devices treat OSA by moving the lower jaw slightly forward, keeping the airway open.
OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA
SomnoDent Oral Devices are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, making it easy to carry when traveling.
SomnoMed provides the complete package of products & services for dentists to professionally treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
AIR / AIR+
• 88% of patients reported regular use of their SomnoDent device
• Unique SMH BFlex technology provides unparalleled comfort.
• Patients can talk and open/close their mouths and lips while wearing their device.
• FDA 5109(k) cleared, manufactured at an ISO 13485 certified facility.
• Customised using the highest quality acrylic.
• Device life expectancy 3-5 years.
• 15+ independent studies demonstrate the device's significant clinical benefits.
• 91% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality while wearing SomnoDent.
E-BOOKS AND WHITE PAPERS
As part of Ortho Tech's ongoing commitment to support the growing need for continuing education in Dentistry, we want to make sure that we help serve as a resource for people seeking to widen their knowledge.